Quarterbacks take center stage today with a full Sunday NFL schedule. We got to see Brock Purdy take care of business on Thursday night in San Francisco’s 30-12 win over the New York Giants. In a battle of young quarterbacks, Purdy got the better of the Giants’ Daniel Jones, who passed for just 137 yards, threw an interception, and got sacked twice. Today, we’ll see a few more battles of some of the younger quarterbacks in the league.
Yesterday in college football, we were treated to a battle of quarterbacks in Oregon where the No. 10 Ducks hosted No. 19 Colorado and Coach Prime. Oregon got the better of the Buffaloes and QB Bo Nix was the star. That is likely to happen today in the NFL where starting quarterbacks are usually the difference in most games.
Quarterbacks Play Huge Role in Wins
Look at the Super Bowl winners over the years. Teams that win big games are usually those with elite quarterbacks. The New England Patriots had Tom Brady. They won a boatload of Super Bowls. Even last year’s champion, the Kansas City Chiefs. They have Patrick Mahomes, arguably the best of the NFL quarterbacks right now. Mahomes has won two league MVPs and two Super Bowl MVPs. Guys that do that usually end up in the Hall of Fame.
As you visit Sports Hub today looking for the best NFL picks, take some time to check out NFL player props picks. Some of the most popular player props are those for quarterbacks. There are props for passing yards, passing touchdowns, and even interceptions. There are well over 100 NFL picks in the system for today’s games. Among those will be player props for quarterbacks. Check them out now!
Sports Hub Cappers Crush UFC and CFB
If you like violent sports, yesterday was your day. You could watch multiple college football games where defenses got after quarterbacks. You could also have tuned into UFC Fight Night for some one-on-one violence. Our Sports Hub cappers did both and crushed the books yesterday. Yesterday’s top-5 were all Sports Hub experts. That’s how we do it here.
Let’s take a look at yesterday’s leaderboard.
- We like fights: Our MMA Prime – Sports Hub masters put together an 8-1 UFC Fight Night card and killed it with $517 in winnings. Every Saturday, bettors should flock to Sports Hub to get the latest picks from MMA Prime – Sports Hub. Your bankroll with thank you.
- Big Ben is back: Ben Miller is one of the most consistent Sports Hub expert cappers. If you go and look at our 90-day leaderboard, you’ll find Ben at the top. His winning percentage is just under 56 percent, but he has crushed everyone in winnings with $3673! Yesterday, he went 4-1 and hit all of his college football picks to cash $395.
- Ryan Davis: Here’s another name you might recognize. Ryan has been a consistent performer too and yesterday he went 3-0 and won $300. He hit both of his CFB picks to give him a three-day total of 7-1 and $620 in winnings.
- Experts abound: We’ve got a ton of Sports Hub expert cappers here and they continue to perform on a consistent basis. I sound like a broken record, but it’s true. Rounding out yesterday’s top-5 are two more of our guys – Dan Jones and Ross Walker. Both won $200. Dan hit two NCAA football picks and he’s now up $1388 for the past 30 days. Ross went 3-1 – all CFB picks – and also won $200.
It’s a Football Kind of Weekend
Since it’s Sunday and we just finished a huge day of college football, it makes sense that football is trending. We’ve got college football. We’ve got NFL football. There are quarterbacks trending like Ohio State’s Kyle McCord, who led his team to a huge win last night. It’s just one of those weekends where the trending news is pretty much all football. That’s okay with us here at Sports Hub.
Let’s take a look at the trending news.
- Coach Prime: Colorado and Coach Prime are trending today, but for the wrong reason. After all the hype, the Buffaloes got destroyed by No. 10 Oregon, 42-6. Bo Nix won the battle of quarterbacks with Shedeur Sanders, who threw for just 159 yards and ended up with the QB rating of 28.2. Ouch!
- Ohio State: The Buckeyes scored a huge 17-14 victory over Notre Dame with Chip Trayanum’s 1-yard run as time expired. The ninth-ranked Fighting Irish were the only team in the current AP Top-10 to lose yesterday.
- Northwestern: Remember all the issues Northwestern had over the summer? After losing their head coach and a number of players to the transfer portal, the Wildcats scored an impressive 37-34 overtime win over Minnesota yesterday. Northwestern is now 2-2 overall this season.
- Pirates rally: The Pittsburgh Pirates were down by 9 runs in the fourth inning. Then, they turned it around. Luis Rivas had five RBIs and the Pirates scored 5, 3, and 4 runs in the sixth, seventh, and eighth innings to earn a 13-12 win over the Cincinnati Reds. The Reds loss keeps them in fourth in the running for the NL’s three wild cards.
- Pre-game speeches: Oregon’s Dan Lanning gave one that fired up Nix in the battle of top quarterbacks. Lanning said that Colorado was fighting for clicks while his Ducks were fighting for Ws. Oregon got the W. The Buffaloes will probably still get the clicks.
NFL Quarterbacks Featured in Today’s Schedule
There’s no question it’s the most important position in all of sports. There are only 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL. Teams with the best quarterbacks typically have the best chance at winning a division, a conference, and, ultimately, the Super Bowl. There are some great matchups of NFL quarterbacks today.
Football is not the only thing on the schedule either. It’s a Sunday full of sports with all 30 MLB teams playing. The season is winding down and there are still playoff spots to be won. The WNBA playoffs continue and there are even playoffs on the race track.
Let’s take a look at all the Sunday action.
- NFL Sunday: It’s an action packed NFL Sunday that features some key battles of NFL quarterbacks. Miami’s Tua Tagovailoa, who is second in the league in passing yards, takes on Russell Wilson and the Broncos. Trevor Lawrence goes up against rookie C.J. Stroud in an AFC South matchup of two young quarterbacks. Sunday ends with Pittsburgh playing at Las Vegas.
- WNBA playoffs: The WNBA’s postseason returns with the league semifinals. Connecticut plays at No. 2 seed New York. Dallas plays at the top seed, Las Vegas. Game 2 of these best-of-five series will be played on Tuesday.
- MLB winds down: With a win over the Mariners yesterday, the Texas Rangers took over the lead in the AL West. Texas has a 1.5-game lead over Houston and a 2-game lead over Seattle. The Rangers and Mariners finish their three-game series today. Toronto is still alive in the AL playoff race. In the NL, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Arizona appear to have the inside track on the wild card spots.
- Big-time soccer: The best in the world will play today somewhere. The English Premier League has five matches. There are five more in the Spanish La Liga. There are two matches in the German Bundesliga and three in Major League Soccer. Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, and several more are in action today. Check the SportsHub members’ area for soccer picks.
- NASCAR playoffs: Yes, there are NASCAR playoffs today. The NASCAR Cup Series at Texas takes place today at Texas Motor Speedway. Bubba Wallace will start in the pole for today’s Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 400. William Byron and Martin Truex Jr. are tied for the NASCAR Cup Series lead.
- NHL preseason: Most of the NHL will play today. There are 11 games today. Teams continue to prepare for the 2023-24 season that begins on Oct. 10.
- Women’s golf: The U.S. leads the Solheim Cup 10-9 as the competition concludes today.
- Tennis: The men are currently playing the Chengdu Open and Huafa Properties Zhuhai Championship. Both are taking place in China. There are now five women’s tennis tournaments going on. The Guadalajara Open Akron, Galaxy Holding Group Guangzhou Open, Parma Ladies Open, and the Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament continue today. The Ningbo Open in China started yesterday and continues.
That’s it. It’s a busy Sunday for bettors. It will be a busy day for NFL quarterbacks too. While Sports Hub can’t help the quarterbacks playing today, we can help our NFL bettors. Be sure to visit our Week 3 NFL picks page as well as the members’ area for a ton of NFL picks. As usual, come back tomorrow to see how our elite handicappers did today. Enjoy today’s NFL games and I will see you right here on Monday!