There are just four teams left in the NFL playoffs this season and so Sports Hub is ready to provide you with its NFL Divisional Round Report! Did you manage to find many winners last weekend?
Our expert handicappers utilized a number of different methods to profit on the Divisional Round games. That includes moneyline picks, spreads, totals and player props. We saw a Sports Hub regular back near the top of our leaderboards, and he smashed the bookies for a successful weekend of betting on the NFL.
The Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens will battle it out in the Championship Round this weekend. We can’t wait to get into more playoff action later in the week. But first, let’s recap our best cappers and round up the trending news in our NFL Divisional Round Report.
2024 NFL Divisional Round Report – Profit On Player Props
20 of our handicappers turned a profit on Sunday with their wagers on the two Divisional Round playoff games on the schedule. The Lions managed to defeat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-23, before the Chiefs secured a 27-24 win on the road to the Buffalo Bills. Find out our top experts in my NFL Divisional Round Report below.
Sean Kuchman put in a surfeit of picks just on Sunday’s games alone. He was able to go 11-4 with his 15 picks, netting a lucrative $665! Sean correctly called the Chiefs on the moneyline (+130) and also had the Lions to cover +6 (-110). He also tried his hand at a bunch of player props, winning nine of his total 13 wagers.
Robert Ferguson – a regular atop our NFL leaderboards – was able to turn a $200 profit on Sunday. He also called the Lions to cover, whilst he backed the Chiefs to cover +2.5 points. However, his overall record for the Divisional Round was 2-2. He missed with his two spread selections on the Houston Texans and the Niners.
Here’s our top cappers in my 2024 NFL Divisional Round Report:
- Sean’s Player Props: It was great to see something a little different from our NFL picks this week as Sean proved that player props are a great source of profit. He also won 7 of his 12 player prop picks for Saturday’s games as well, and backed the Green Bay Packers to cover +10 against the 49ers.
- A 2-0 Record: Jimmy Boyd was calculated with his picks for the Divisional Round. He only put in two selections, but they both landed. He had the Lions to cover and the over for the Texans-Ravens total. Gino Russo netted $200 too, putting in the same picks.
- Free Picks: Our free picks crushed it during the Divisional Round and went 3-1 for a successful weekend. Our free selections correctly selected the Ravens, Packers and Lions to cover. The only loss was the wager on the Bills to win on the moneyline.
2024 NFL Divisional Round Report – Trending News
It’s time to take a look at the trending news in my NFL Divisional Round Report now. The Chiefs entered their road match against the Bills as 2.5-point underdogs as quarterback Patrick Mahomes featured in his first-ever road playoff game. Kansas City has been far from their best this season, and Buffalo had all the momentum. Nonetheless, the Chiefs proved just how clutch they are in the playoffs to seal a Championship Round matchup with the Ravens.
A bare-chested Jason Kelce was frequently shown by the cameras at Highmark Stadium on Sunday too. He was in the crowd alongside Taylor Swift as the pair were cheering on Travis Kelce. Jason has clearly been enjoying retirement so far. He was sinking the beers as he watched his brother advance into the Championship game.
Baker Mayfield has also been trending, despite the Bucs’ loss against the Lions. Mayfield pulled Tampa Bay back in the game after he completed a 16-yard touchdown pass to receiver Mike Evans. However, he threw an interception in their final drive of the game, allowing Detroit to wrap up their spot in the Championship match.
We’re heading closer and closer to the Super Bowl now and it is less than a month away! With just two games left to go in the Championship Round, there are just four teams left that could be in with a chance of lifting the Lombardi Trophy. Check out some further highlights below in my NFL Divisional Round Report.
2024 NFL Divisional Round Report – Highlights
- Baker Mayfield: Head coach Todd Bowles has stated that Mayfield has “earned the right” to be the quarterback in Tampa Bay next year. Baker had a superb year for the Bucs as he led them to the Divisional Round. He threw for 349 yards and three touchdowns in the loss to the Lions, but his two interceptions proved costly. Still, it looks like Baker will remain in Tampa next season.
- Chiefs Do It Again: The Bills must be getting sick and tired of watching Mahomes sending them out of the playoffs. Buffalo entered the fourth quarter with a four-point lead, but failed to hold on as Isaiah Pacheco scored a go-ahead touchdown with a 4-yard run. It was heartbreak right at the end too as Tyler Bass missed a 44-yard field-goal attempt with less than two minutes left on the clock to tie the game.
- Packers Keep It Close: Green Bay have shone in the postseason and things are looking good for the franchise post-Aaron Rodgers. Although they lost 24-21 to the Niners on Saturday, there are a lot of positives to take for the Packers this season. However, their losing streak against San Francisco in the postseason has now been extended to five games.
- Ravens The Team To Beat: It has been a remarkable campaign for the Texans. However, the Ravens were just too good for them in the first Divisional Round game of the weekend. Lamar Jackson was unplayable as he scored a total of four touchdowns – two through the air and another two with his legs. The defense was solid as well, not allowing the Texans offense to score a single TD.
A look To The Championship Round
The 2023 NFL season has flown by, and it’s hard to accept that there are just three games left before it’s all over. However, these should be the best games of the season. Before we find out who is reaching Super Bowl LVIII, we’ve got two Championship games on the schedule. My NFL Divisional Round Report will have a sneak peek at the Championship Round.
Let’s take a look at what’s coming up in the Championship Round:
- Chiefs-Ravens: The first Championship game kicks off at 3:00 p.m ET on Sunday as Kansas City heads to M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore to take on the Ravens. The defending Super Bowl champs take on the No.1 seed in the AFC, and the Chiefs are searching for their sixth-straight playoff victory. Baltimore are 1-0 against the Chiefs in playoff football. The Ravens are currently 3.5-point favorites and the total is set at 44.5.
- Lions-Niners: NFC North division champions the Lions will head over to Santa Clara to take on the Niners to finish off Sunday’s games. The matchup will get underway at 6:30 p.m. ET at Levi’s Stadium. San Francisco are 7-point favorites as Dan Campbell’s Detroit looks to cause an upset in California. It is the Lions’ first Championship game since 1991 and their first road game in the playoffs this season.
So, that’s that for my NFL Divisional Round Report. Our cappers netted some nice profits again last weekend, and I’m sure we’ll have plenty of picks enter our system as the week progresses. We’re in for a real treat this Sunday with the two Championship games on show. Will we see any surprises?
The most likely outcome will see the Ravens and the Niners meet at Super Bowl LVIII. But, the Chiefs always clutch in the postseason, and the Lions will be relying on their team spirit to get past San Francisco.
Be sure to check back with Sports Hub next week for our NFL Championship report. We’ll be reviewing all of the top handicappers, and will be beginning our preparations for the Super Bowl!