Targeting Serie A goals looks to be a profitable market this week! My European soccer weekly review is back as European club soccer made its return after the international break this weekend.
We still have a few games left to play on Monday but I will be reviewing the key trends and statistics from the games over the weekend. The Champions League group stages get underway midweek too so I am sure we are all excited for Europe’s top club competition to get started.
Manchester City, Inter and Real Madrid are the only three teams left across Europe’s top five leagues to maintain their 100% records to start the new season. These three teams look set to have strong campaigns.
Check out my European soccer weekly review below to find out all of the results, key stats and betting trends from the weekend’s fixtures. Plenty of Serie A goals went in over the weekend so that looks like a profitable trend.
European Soccer Weekly Review – Results & Key Stats
If you have been keeping up to date with my European soccer weekly review, you know that I always get things started by taking a look at the results and key statistics from the weekend’s matches.
Take a look at Sports Hub’s Premier League Matchday 5 Review for an in-depth look at the English top-flight. In terms of the rest of Europe, we saw some great action in Italy with a surplus of Serie A goals.
- Paris Saint-Germain 2-3 Nice
- Rennes 2-2 Lille
- Lens 0-1 Metz
- Lorient 2-2 Monaco
- Strasbourg 2-2 Montpellier
- Clermont 0-1 Nantes
- Reims 1-2 Brest
- Marseille 0-0 Toulouse
- Lyon 0-0 Le Havre
- 55.56% of Ligue 1 matches from Week 5 saw both teams score
- 55.56% of Ligue 1 matches from Week 5 saw over 2.5 goals
- Monaco, Marseille, Nice and Rennes all remain undefeated through five games
- Lyon, Clermont and Lens are all yet to find their first league win of the season
- Lens and Clermont occupy the bottom two places since they have just one point on the board
- 0% of Ligue 1 matches resulted in home wins during Week 5
- 55.56% of Ligue 1 matches resulted in draws during Week 5
- 44.44% of Ligue 1 matches resulted in away wins during Week 5
- Bayern Munich 2-2 Bayer Leverkusen
- FC Köln 1-3 Hoffenheim
- Mainz 1-3 Stuttgart
- Wolfsburg 2-1 Union Berlin
- Freiburg 2-4 Borussia Dortmund
- RB Leipzig 3-0 Augsburg
- Bochum 1-1 Frankfurt
- Heidenheim 4-2 Werder Bremen
- Darmstadt 3-3 Borussia Mönchengladbach
- 88.89% of matches from Week 4 saw both teams score in the Bundesliga
- 88.89% of matches from Week 4 saw over 2.5 goals in the Bundesliga
- 66.67% of matches from Week 4 saw over 3.5 goals in the Bundesliga
- There are no teams left in the division to boast a 100% record
- Leverkusen, Bayern, Dortmund and Frankfurt are yet to suffer a defeat
- Bochum, Mönchengladbach, Augsburg, Köln, Darmstadt and Mainz have all failed to find their first win
- Köln, Darmstadt and Mainz all have just one point
- 33.33% of matches resulted in home wins during Week 4
- 33.33% of matches resulted in draws during Week 4
- 33.33% of matches resulted in away wins during Week 4
- Juventus 3-1 Lazio
- Inter 5-1 Milan
- Genoa 2-2 Napoli
- Cagliari 0-0 Udinese
- Frosinone 4-2 Sassuolo
- Monza 1-1 Lecce
- Fiorentina 3-2 Atalanta
- Roma 7-0 Empoli
- 75% of matches over the weekend saw both teams score in Serie A
- 75% of matches over the weekend saw over 2.5 Serie A goals
- Inter are the only team to maintain a 100% record after four games
- Inter, Juventus and Lecce all remain unbeaten
- Empoli sit bottom of the table and have lost all four opening matches
- Udinese, Salernitana, Cagliari and Empoli are all without a win so far (Salernitana still to play Monday)
- 62.5% of Serie A matches over the weekend ended in home wins
- 37.5% of Serie A matches over the weekend ended in draws
- 0% of Serie A matches over the weekend ended in away wins
AIYEGUN TOSIN FASTEST GOAL OF THE SEASON 🇧🇯⚡ pic.twitter.com/MsdxUzWsUG— Ligue 1 English (@Ligue1_ENG) September 18, 2023
- Rayo Vallecano 2-0 Alaves
- Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Cadiz
- Valencia 3-0 Atletico Madrid
- Celta Vigo 0-1 Mallorca
- Barcelona 5-0 Real Betis
- Getafe 3-2 Osasuna
- Villarreal 2-1 Almeria
- Sevilla 1-0 Las Palmas
- Real Madrid 2-1 Real Sociedad
- 33.33% of La Liga matches over the weekend saw both teams score
- 66.67% of La Liga matches over the weekend saw over 2.5 goals
- Real Madrid are the only team in the division to have won all five opening matches
- Real Madrid, Barcelona and Girona all remain unbeaten
- Almeria have just one point on the board and sit bottom of the table
- Las Palmas and Almeria are the only teams left not to have won this term
- 88.89% of La Liga matches over the weekend ended in home wins
- 0% of La Liga matches over the weekend ended in draws
- 11.11% of La Liga matches over the weekend ended in away wins
European Soccer Weekly Review – Target Serie A Goals
That was my recap of the weekend’s European soccer so hopefully now you should know what has been going on across the top five leagues. Now we will head into the analysis that will help find your bets!
My weekly European soccer review will provide Sports Hub with plenty of useful information needed to bet on soccer. It’s a good idea that you keep track of all the latest developments so it makes it easier to turn profits.
Research is incredibly important when betting. You need to understand the situation and context if you want to consistently make money. That’s why we are providing content like this for Sports Hub’s users.
Euro Soccer Betting Trends – Serie A Goals Looks Profitable
Another European soccer league that has been filled with goals recently is Serie A. We have seen an abundance of Serie A goals over the weekend, with 75% of games seeing both teams score and over 2.5 goals. 60% of Serie A games during Matchday 3 also saw over 2.5 goals so it seems to be a consistent trend.
- Inter (13), Roma (11), Fiorentina (9), Juventus (9), Milan (9) are Serie A’s highest scorers
- Empoli (12), Fiorentina (9), Sassuolo (9) have conceded the most amount of goals in Serie A
- Empoli (0), Cagliari (1), Udinese (1), Torino (2) are the league’s lowest scorers
- Inter (1) and Juventus (2) have conceded the fewest goals
- Fiorentina, Lecce, Lazio, Napoli, Roma, Frosinone and Milan have the best both teams to score record in the league (75%)
- Fiorentina and Roma both have 100% over 2.5 Serie A goals records
- Lazio, Atalanta, Frosinone, Milan and Napoli all have 75% over 2.5 goals records
Fiorentina have allowed plenty of goals at both ends of the pitch so far this term, scoring nine and conceding nine across their four matches. With them having a 100% record of seeing over 2.5 goals go in during their games this season, they could be a good team to target.
Teams such as Roma, Napoli, Milan, Frosinone and Lazio also look like good contenders since they are seeing high numbers in both the both teams to score and over 2.5 goals markets.
Two strikers who have made an instant impact! 🔥@AWSCloud's #BMFDeepDive takes a closer look at the finishing abilities of @HKane and Victor Boniface! 🎯@FCBayern | @Bayer04_en pic.twitter.com/yMYYmaC3W9— Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_EN) September 14, 2023
Continue Targeting Bundesliga Goals
Bettors who have been reading my weekly reviews will know I have been hot on the Bundesliga goals markets. And for good reason too. The overs continue to hit every single week. Back the over in Bundesliga goals!
88.89% of Bundesliga games during Matchday 4 saw both teams score and over 2.5 goals. It is one of the most common trends across European soccer each week. The sportsbooks are starting to wise up and adjust their prices and markets.
Therefore, we may have to start taking it up a gear and looking at the over 3.5 goals market. However, don’t worry, 66.67% of Bundesliga matches saw over 3.5 goals go in during Matchday 4 too. Make sure you’re still backing the over in Bundesliga goals.
European Soccer Weekly Review – Select The Over In Serie A Goals & Bundesliga Goals This Week
We have come to the conclusion of my European soccer review for the week. I hope that it has highlighted some profitable trends for you as we continue to turn profits and land plenty of bets on European soccer.
A plethora of goals continues to be the highlight. However, Serie A goals now seem to be profitable too, as well as in the Bundesliga. Smart bettors will continue to back the over in Bundesliga goals and Serie A goals too.
Our pick articles for both the Premier League and European soccer leagues are coming up so make sure you’re keeping up to date with those articles too for even more betting tips. Let’s carry on smashing the bookies and making money! It’s been a fun start to the season and may the good luck continue.