Flames score three straight, top Coyotes in OT

Yegor Sharangovich scored the overtime winner to give the host Calgary Flames a 3-2 comeback victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Tuesday for their season-high fourth consecutive win.

Nazem Kadri had one goal and one assist and Blake Coleman added a goal for the Flames, who erased a two-goal, third-period deficit for their eighth consecutive home win over the Coyotes.

Goaltender Dan Vladar, who played because No. 1 goalie Jacob Markstrom suffered a lower-body injury in Monday’s practice and is listed as day-to-day, made 23 saves.

Sean Durzi collected one goal and one assist and Logan Cooley also scored for the Coyotes. Goalie Connor Ingram stopped 27 shots.

During a four-on-three power play because of a Coyotes too-many-men penalty, Sharangovich worked to the right faceoff dot and fired a top-corner shot for his 18th goal of the season with 16.7 seconds remaining in overtime.

Calgary has collected seven victories when trailing after two periods.

The Flames have a 13-2-1 record in their past 16 clashes with the Coyotes.

With his team trailing 2-0, Coleman injected a huge jolt of life into the Flames at 8:54 of the third period. Coleman, the NHL’s Second Star of the Week, notched his team-leading 20th goal of the season — and fifth in a four-game streak — when he redirected Rasmus Andersson’s crossing feed.

Kadri tied the game 63 seconds later with his 15th goal of the campaign, a tap-in tally from the doorstep set up by Martin Pospisil’s pass.

The Coyotes have only two wins in their past seven games.

Durzi cracked the scoreless deadlock with a goal at 8:22 of the second period. With an open shot at the point, Durzi unloaded a rocket for his seventh goal of the season.

Cooley doubled the lead at 6:37 of the third period. Right after the Coyotes failed to score on a power play, Cooley was at the front of the net when he redirected Durzi’s shot from the point for his fourth marker of the season.

The loss was a double disappointment for the Coyotes, as forward Nick Schmaltz left the game late in the second period.